By Nick Nigro|2018-10-15T23:53:43-04:00October 10th, 2018|
New Jersey Releases its Draft Beneficiary Mitigation Plan
On October 5, 2018, the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) released its Beneficiary Mitigation Plan to outline the use of their $72.2 million of VW settlement funds.
The primary goal in New Jersey is to “improve ambient air quality by using the Trust allocation to implement projects that reduce NOx, benefit disproportionately affected communities, and expedite deployment and widespread adoption of zero emission vehicles.” They will allocate the full 15 percent available for light-duty zero emission vehicle supply equipment. The breakdown of the remaining 85 percent of funds was not specified.
The NJDEP will continue to accept comments and project ideas as they move forward with the plan. The comments may be made using this form and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 7, 2018.
The NJDEP will also be hosting webinars and in-person public outreach sessions to obtain additional feedback. Webinars will be held on October 12, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. and October 17, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. The five in-person outreach sessions will held on October 17, 22, and 30, 2018. See the event details on the EV Hub Calendar.