The California Air Resources Board released a Discussion Document that summarizes the staff’s work to date, with public input, to develop a Beneficiary Mitigation Plan for California’s $423 million in VW Settlement funds.
The document recommends fund allocations as follows:
- Light-Duty ZEV Infrastructure: 2%
- Zero-Emission Transit, School, Shuttle Buses: 31%
- Zero-Emission Class 8 Trucks: 21%
- Zero-Emission Freight/Marine: 17%
- Combustion Freight/Marine: 14%
- Admin Reserve: 15%
The document was released in preparation for six public workshops which will be held over the next few weeks. Dates and locations are available in their workshop notice and the Atlas Event Calendar.